QET @ NTU

No Comment - Post a comment

Will be going for my QET¹ tml morning at NTU. Unfortunately, I got a B4 for my GCE 'O' Level English, hence will need to take the test argh.

After the test, I will be going to Ikea with my roomie Wee Hian aka Willy Kuah for our hostel shopping! Our term are starting on the 6th of Aug so I guess I will be staying in my hostel over the weekdays and return home on weekends. Machiam like Army huh.

Anyway, I will buy getting new bedsheet, pillow, pillow case, blanket as the hostel does not provide them! Might need a table lamp too as the light there ain't sufficient enough.

¹ QET stands for Qualifying English Test. Taken from NTU web site.


Unless granted exemption, students admitted to all undergraduate courses of study in NTU are required to take the Qualifying English Test (QET), which determines whether they take English Proficiency as a subject of study.


(a) Students are exempted from the QET if they present any of the following:


General Paper of the Singapore Cambridge GCE 'A' Level Examination: A1, A2, B3, B4, C5, C6


English Language of the Singapore Cambridge GCE 'O' Level Examination (for Polytechnic graduates only): A1, A2, B3



IELTS: a minimum of 6 for the Writing sub-test.


TOEFL: a minimum of 570 and above (paper-based); or 237 and above (computer); or 90 and above (iBT).


SAT1: a minimum of 600 for the Verbal section or 7 for the Essay section


IB: a minimum of 6 for Higher level English.


MUET: Band 6 and a minimum of 50 for writing.


LPI (Language Proficiency Index): a minimum of Level 5


TEE (Tertiary Entrance Exam): a minimum of C for English (E004)

 
This Post has No Comment Add your own!

Post a Comment