Citibank-The Business Times Financial Challenge 2007

No Comment - Post a comment

Haven't really found the time to blog except to post some videos and jokes to entertain my readers. Hope it does it job well enough to keep my precious readers.

Next week is NTU recess week. Its actually a mid-term break. For the hardworking, its actually revision week, for the rest, its relax and recreation week! So, which group do I belong to? If you know me well, you probably will still guess it wrong! haha cause I belong to the middle. :) If this is Secondary school or Poly's term break, it will definitely be R&R week for me. Here at NTU has 1 good advantage. There is no study week! Because there is only study DAY, everyday is a study day, including weekends which is tutorial day! argh.

Ok, I know those who had already graduated and working outside now must be complaining and telling me in their heart to cherish my school days cause working life is so stressful and boring and tiring. Yes I know all these, I said these to my dear Wendy while she is mugging for exams while I am still in NS, missing my sec and poly sch days. Its just some rants that I need to let it off after a month plus in Uni life. So please forgive me cause I still love all of you here. :D

I went for my Hall soccer training session yesterday. Its been some time since I last wore my soccer boots. We met at the field at 6pm and had a small 7 aside game till 7pm. A good introductory game that each is able to observe the rest in their style of playing. As usual, I played up front with a supporting mid. Managed to score a header before been swapped to the opposite team. The captain has good command control and constantly switching players to see how they adapt in another team. Next Monday will be another training session before a friendly in NTU on Thursday. Looking forward to it.


Just some update over the recess week. Tomorrow, I will be going to NUS for the above mentioned event. Students from NTU and NUS will form a team of 3 to compete in the competition which comprises of 3 rounds. First round is to answer some MCQ questions, second round is some Financial Speed Round questions. And those who got through the first 2 rounds will proceed to the final round which details are unknown. Both of my teammates are from Accountancy, 1 of which is Year 1 and the other is Year 3. We have decided to split the workload prior to the competition. The Year 3 undergraduate who is known as Rainna, will take care of the financial ratios and statement portion as she has more experience and knowledge after going through 3 years of accountancy program. So her speed in deriving final answer is crucial in the 2nd round. The other is a Year 1 undergraduate call Dennis. Like me, Dennis has also invested in some SGX counters and are actively monitoring the market. However, Dennis prefer to adopt a top-down approach in analyzing stock while I'm the opposite (kind of the buffet way). So, Dennis will definitely be a great asset to the team with his additional knowledge on the latest financial news. Wish us luck!

 
This Post has No Comment Add your own!

Post a Comment