Life in China, Singapore and America

No Comment - Post a comment

The message below is extracted from Mr Tan Kin Lian's blog which I find is very informative so I would like to share this with my readers, specially dedicated to Ben.

MESSAGE FROM A CHINA STUDENT STUDYING IN AMERICA

The life here is pretty different with China or Singapore. I do enjoy the life here, but I do not like some aspect of the American style life.

Most Americans will drive even there is only five minutes walk. They use dryer to dry clothes instead of natural sunlight, even in New Mexico, where there are strong sunlight in 360 days a year!

They drive instead of walking, use washer instead of washing clothes by hands, but they pay a lot of money to go to the gym!

They also eat too much and consume too much energy. I read from somewhere that the energy consumed by an American is 7 times of an Asian.

If you do not have a car, your life will be hard here. You even can not go to supermarket to buy groceries! The public transportation is very poor and the distance from one place to another is very far. It is very different from what I used to in China.

In many aspects, Singapore is more advanced than the States. Most of the system in Singapore is always very simple and user friendly.

In America, it is not always the case, but still much better than China. About the life style, the Singaporean style is also more economic efficient and environmental friendly.

I think the MRT in Singapore may be the best in the world. Singapore is like a small lab and many smart people are trying smart ideas there. I may go back to Singapore after I work 3-5 years in the States.

 
This Post has No Comment Add your own!

Post a Comment