Beware of silver cab?

No Comment - Post a comment

Below story was sent to me via email. Disclaimer, the story might not be true so treat it as leisure reading.

This is an incident that happens yesterday when I was on my way back to office in Robinson road. As I was running out of time, I took a cab fromTraders Hotel. As I was waiting for a cab, a guy approaches me asking if I'm getting a cab, I told him yes and in the meantime, there was a NTUC cab turning in. He waves "no" to the NTUC cab and that keep me wondering why I can't take that cab, later he signal a silver cab over and ask me to take this cab instead.

I obliged as I think there should not be any problem.The cab driver told me he wanted to go by Havelock road which I agreeddue to lesser traffic. In the meanwhile, I notice there was some amount indicated in the meter under extra, which I assume it was the peak hour charges. So for a 4.3km and 11 minutes ride, we pass a ERP gantry costing a dollar extra, I also realize the extra charges reflected $7. I kept my cool and when I reach my destination, he told me the total fare was $14.60. I asked him to print out the receipt and he told me the ERP was $7. I argued with him that we only cross one gantry and which powerful gantry in Singapore charges $7. He replied "I DON"TKNOW".

Being a cab driver, I was in disbelief when he told me he doesn't know.I pointed to the charges reflected in the IU unit which reflected adollar and that shut him up completely and he changed his story thatmost probably the machine is spoilt and he need to send the car back to the company to check. FYI, the car was a new KIA Premier.

I does not know whether he did it purposely or he really is ignorant but you guys should really be more careful when taking cab as what he didwas trying to cheat me a "SINGAPOREAN" and I wonder how many tourists have been cheated for the extra "ERP" charges. Please look at the meter when you take a cab.

 
This Post has No Comment Add your own!

Post a Comment