Happy New Year 2008!

No Comment - Post a comment

It was a last minute gathering. To be precise, the gathering was discussed and organised the night before around 11pm where Jits called for an 'O' group meeting in MSN. All the members from the DCNT were gathered and conform to the suggestion initiated by Jits. Time and venue were set at 6.30pm at Happy Pot Steamboat aka "Tian Tian Huo Guo".

D-Day has arrived. I reached the RV at 6.15pm. Thinking that I was late, I fastened my pace in order not to miss the TTR timing. However, upon reaching the RV, I could not find any of them. I sent an SMS signal to Jits and found out that they were still on the way.


Can you see what I am eating?


This almost looks like a natural panorama!

We arrived at Happy Pot Steamboat and requested to sit inside. A quick scan at the food, it was bad. Luckily, there was a list of ala carte "premium" food which we need to order but its freeflow. On the list there were the Tiger Prawn, Pork, Beef, Lamp, Beancurd, Pig Liver and Kidney. I thought that Pig's Organs are not well accepted but what a surprise I got. Jits, JJ, Desmond and Gavin kept downing them! I was they were gross! yuks



I was not really hungry as my brunch is still occupying much of the space in my stomach. In addition, the food was not very appealing other than the Pork and Tiger Prawn. Hence, I only attack both of them and the Ma La Soup. The soup was superb and I drank non-stop from beginning till the end. Thumbs up!


We agreed that playing with food is bad.


But we further agreed that this little Tou Fu would need some hair.

We left around 9.30pm heading towards Shaw Tower. There was only 3 movies on show. We slack around before decided to go Suntec Eng Wah. They wanted to catch some movie as it was still early while I was waiting for my sick and poor Wendy as she wanted to watch the fireworks at Esplanade.

Unfortunately, there was only the first row seats for AVP2 at Eng Wah. Not giving up, we went to Marina Square. Halfway through, my sick Li Ling has arrived and I have to leave them. Jits told me that they watched I am Legend and previously I have told them timeless counts that its not worth it. Seeing is believing, they agreed on my comments after watching the show. TOLD YA GUYS!

There was incredibly lots of people while I tried to maneuver my way to City Hall MRT. I finally saw my sick Wendy standing in the middle of the crowd. Knowing that Marina Square through to Esplanade was packed with people, we took another route to Esplanade (via The Aldephi). We finally chose a spot where we could have a view of the entire fireworks only to realise there was a stupid sign blocking 1/5 of it.


I wonder what is Li Ling smelling?




The stupid sign


Check out the short video clip I took.


This is Taiwan's Taipei 101 2008 Fireworks. I know what you are thinking.

 
This Post has No Comment Add your own!

Post a Comment