Happy Birthday to me!

2 comments - Post a comment

Bella and I went to Crystal Jade @ Holland Village for their steamboat buffet dinner with unlimited free flow of Xiao Long Bao on Friday the 17th, a day before my birthday.


Of course, given a choice of a soup base of either "Ma La", "xxx", "yyy", the decision is clear.


Left: Mixture of Chilli Padi, Garlic and Parsley
Right: Sweet Chilli Sauce


While waiting for the food


Is there a soup and oil distillation tool around?


Left: Given a miserable plate of 6 fresh prawn, I thought that the best way to consumer a fresh prawn is to, eat it fresh.
Right: Xiao Long Bao!


I specially prepared this small bowl of noodle for you, Xiao Wan as your birthday gift but since you are not here, I ate it on your behalf (if you ever see this post anyway)

After a super filling 2 hours of steamboat buffet, we proceeded for a drinks. I was quite reluctant to drink as I am super full to consume any more food/drink. Bella dragged me along on the floor, practically. Surprisingly, we saw Charlotte at Tangos and I thought she was drinking with her friend when Bella suggested we share the table. Moments later, the joker pair of Justin and Wee Hian arrived out of a blue. It took me almost 106seconds before I realised this was a planned event with Bella, the conducting, Wee Hian the supervising and Justin the safety officers (nvm if you don't understand, most probably you have not been to army)



Bella's red wine and my jug of mango ice blended (with don't know what alcohol, ordered by Wee Hian)


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
My birthday present from Wee Hian, a Nike Mercurial Lite 2 Shin Guard! Can't wait to put them on!



The peeps who were there!



After the drinks, we proceeded to House @ Dempsey for more drinks. Should have take a photo of Justin riding his bike with his expression (think of his face with blur looks and mouth opening an inch)


House @ Dempsey




Picture speaks a thousand words



Justin with his crazy actions again. And no, I did not pull up my pants and sleeves.

Left: The crazy Justin back to his emo moment.
Right: The pot of alcohol was ordered by Wee Hian for me. Think it was what thousand island tea, can't remember but it goes with Coke. Quite nice.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
A nice photo we took before leaving Dempsey. I have to clarify that my pant was wet because of the spill of drink by Justin on me. Further supporting evidence was shown by the spill on my shirt at the belly area! rahhh

Thanks for the mini celebration, I enjoyed them every moment (till now, that is). Xie xie ni Bella for arranging this, xie xie Wee Hian for ordering me so drinks, xie xie Justin for all the fun, lame, jokes and emo moments and xie xie Charlotte for forgoing your exams revision time.


Left: When you just finished a 2 hours of buffet, downed almost 1.5L of alcohol within 3 hours, this was what happened. Luckily, I still managed to take a bathe, wash my face, brush teeth, I even use both shampoo and conditioner! But once I reached my bed, I was sleeping like a dog log.
Right: The after-effect of sleeping with hair wet. No hangover though :)

Birthday dinner with my dad, Heng Huat dishes.

Left: Mee Sua
Right: La La


Left: Oyster Omelet
Right: "Kai Lan Dao Kee"


Steamed Bass with soya sauce

See here for Bella's post.

 
This Post has 2 Comments Add your own!
Avatar - April 23, 2009 at 2:09 AM

Cool blog with nice layout. Happy birthday.

Collin - April 23, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Thanx Avatar :)

Post a Comment