RE: QET @ NTU

No Comment - Post a comment

Just an update after taking the QET. What's QET? Refer to my previous previous entry.

I reached the Hall 10mins before time. There are tons of people waiting outside, luckily the route I took lead me to a shoutcut to the queue so I was the first few to go in. While waiting for the rest to come in, I have the opportunity to just scan through all the people to identify familiar faces. To my surprise, quite a number of familiar appeared. They are Alex, Zhenglin and Xian Hui from my Poly DCNT Course (Diploma in Computer & Network Technology). Billy and Willy, the twins whom I knew through Army life. Not to mention Nigel whom I got to know through my SCE/MSE orientation camp. Actually thats about it lol.

So the time began and we were suppose to write a short essay of 250-300 words. 2 topics were given. 1 of them was asking you to describe the qualities of a parent needed to raise a child. The other was a subjective topic asking if you would benefit from a gap of 1 year between studies. I was not too sure what do the 2nd topic means. A 1 year break between Uni studies? Or a 1 year break after Poly/JC? So I chose the 1st topic. After a 5min brainstorm, I pen my thoughts without drafting (as usual).

1st, I mentioned about raising children in Singapore was already hard in the first place due to the long working hours and competitive industry, it adds further burden to parents. 1st quality needed - Good Time Management Skills.

Next, you would want to provide everything for the child. Hence, a good and early financial planning for the child's University education. Of course, parents need to plan for their own retirement before any others financial planning. So parents should start early to have a child's University education planned. This would include the annual expenses needed all the way from Kindergarten till University including the various school fees at different stages. Not forgetting to take into account our dear friend Mr Inflation. A rough gauge of 1-2% will do.

Finally, due to words constraints, I quickly ended my essay by stating raising a child is not just providing care and concern, its also about guiding and teaching them towards the positive and right direction. With proper guidance, the child, hopefully, will grow up to be a righteous and positive man/woman towards things. Last but not least, teach your kids early about financial planning so that they will take control of their own money from young. 1 good way is to give them a book call "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki as their birthday gift. Of course wait till the kid know how to read English first. =)

There you go. A close to 300 words essay done in 20mins. So the rest of the 70mins, I was just stoning and rocking away because we were not allowed to leave early. (WHY?)

As discussed with Wee Hian, that afternoon we will be heading to Queensway's Ikea for purchases of stuff for our new "bunk". Total damage was about $170. $98 for the chair LOL. We bought bedsheets, pillows, blanket, dustbin, small table for our laser printer etc. Photos will be shot and uploaded next week when I start staying in my new "bunk".

 
This Post has No Comment Add your own!

Post a Comment