Updates

No Comment - Post a comment

I have to apologize for the lack of updates these few days as school work is really keeping me busy. I finally have this little time at this wee hour to update my blog as my first lesson is at 2.30pm tomorrow because the lab lesson is alternate weeks. Normally I would sleep at around 1am because my lesson starts 8.30am everyday except Monday. I realised I could not sacrifice sleeping time to study till late night as I will fall asleep during lecture in the day. (Unfortunately, I am too embarrassed to stand by the side or do some jumping jet at the back to keep myself awake.)

I gotta go back to my 3 tutorials due next Monday so that I can have no worries to accompany my dear this weekend. Look forward to my next post as there will be interesting photos and videos about my hostel. :)

Anyway, you can subscribe for updates to this blog by entering your email address on the right. You will be notified by mail when there are new post.

Just to cap it off with one of today's news.

NUS plans university town in Clementi
Extracted from http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/295536/1/.html

Come 2010, the way undergraduates live and play on the campus of the National University of Singapore (NUS) will change when its new University Town - to be built at the former Warren Golf Course in Clementi - opens its doors.

The idea behind having a minimum of four students living together is to "give them that communal living experience" and let them interact with friends from all over the world, said Prof Kong.

Currently, about 6,000 out of 32,000 students live on the Kent Ridge campus, which will be untouched by the latest revamp.

To be built at a cost of $500 million to $600 million, the new University Town will feature special themes for each college.

While plans are still being drawn up - the winning consortium to build the 19ha town will only be appointed in December - Prof Kong revealed that four themes being considered are technology and innovation, environment, health and sports and media.

Early estimates suggest that rents will be about two to three times more than what is charged at a Kent Ridge hostel, but Prof Kong (picture) said the final price would depend on the eventual winning bid.

 
This Post has No Comment Add your own!

Post a Comment