Lunch Time Gathering

No Comment - Post a comment

Met up with Patrick, Amos and my dear during lunch today at Chevron House. I ordered the tempura rice, 2 words, it sucks. Nevertheless, the conversation was great throughout with topics ranging from our future studies to ten years back during our secondary school days.

After the initial usual catch-up conversation with one another, we chat about our future studies. I realised that a lot of Singaporeans or rather my friends around me has not really think and plan for their future yet. Not because they do not want to, its because they do not know what they want to achieve. I guess this has got something to do with our Singapore education system where Singaporeans are taught to study, get a job and get paid. This is too traditional and no longer valid because more and more people are able to get into a University, be it local or foreign. We are not taught on how to make full use of our individual unique talent when young and to train and improve on it. Instead, we are taught to "diversify" our talents across many areas. Relates this to a soccer player. Comparing a striker with a powerful and accurate right foot but a normal left foot with another striker with an above average right and left foot, which one would you choose? Note: With the former's ability, the striker has a higher percentage of scoring whenever the chance is given.

We then move on to chat about our Secondary School life. We could not figure who was our 2nd and 3rd 'O' Level students and was Wendy a monitor before in SGS? Do drop me a msg if you have clues :)

Oh ya, just before we were about to go back, I was pretty surprised that Amos got an iPhone. It cost him about SGD$730. He was looking for a leather case for it and could not find any affordable ones in Singapore. Luckily he met me because I have lobang for iPhone Cases & Accessories.

 
This Post has No Comment Add your own!

Post a Comment