Chinese New Year Hamper

No Comment - Post a comment

My mum decided to buy a hamper to give Wendy's family as Chinese New Year gift. After looking around for a few hampers, she concluded that she wanted to DIY a hamper. Knowing that I have experience in wrapping a hamper during my O Level break, she decided to buy the "ingredients" herself and get me to wrap it.

Memories were recalled during the two months when I was working at a hamper shop at Geylang, just a road opposite the smelly toufu shop. I was working with Jincheng at the hamper shop which we found the job via The Classified. As it was peak period before CNY, we were required to work OT till 11pm for a good 1 month. There were local workers and overseas workers from Nepal. Our age gap is small, hence we have quite a fun time working there with the rest. Sometimes when we are able to leave earlier, we would go to the LAN shop behind to play Counterstrike. I was quite mad with CS during that time and I was given the nickname of "Sharpshooter" :P

Playing apart, I managed to pick up a bit of skills and knowledge about hamper. It seems complicated but it was really a no-brain job. A typical hamper can be wrapped up in about 15-25min for a person.

However, this time round after years of rustiness, we spent about 2 hours to get it done. As this is building from scratch, I spent about 15min to build the foundation and placement of the "ingredients". Next, its the setting up and taping of the "ingredients" together, this is the easiest and most fun of all. 10min is all it takes to secure them together. And the last process is the most tedious, the wrapping of the wrapping paper. Wasted a few wrapping paper and redoing before managed to get it done.






Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Final Product

 
This Post has No Comment Add your own!

Post a Comment